The U.S. Green Building Council is a non-profit organization founded in 1993 with the goal of expanding sustainable building practices. Through its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program, the USGBC offers credits in its rating system for use of products which are:
- Made from Recycled Content (Credits 4.1/4.2)
- Regionally Produced (Credits 5.1/5.2)
J.R. HOE AND SONS CASTINGS AND FABRICATIONS FIT BOTH CRITERIA
AND MAY BE USED TOWARD LEED CERTIFICATION!
For more information or if you require LEED Product Verification forms, please contact:
Alice Johnson – email@example.com
HOE AND SUSTAINABLILITY
J.R. Hoe & Sons has practiced sustainable manufacturing for a long time.
Consider the following:
- The HOE melt facility has been in continuous operation for over 100 years. It is one of the oldest recycling operations in the eastern U.S.
- Castings produced at HOE foundry contain over 80% re-cycled content. All post-consumer scrap steel is sourced locally.
- The foundry mold making utilizes the “green sand” process in which over 96% ofthe sand is reconditioned and re-used daily. Over 1 million pounds of sand per month are recycled into molds from which new castings are produced.
- Structural Steel used in HOE fabrication is sourced primarily from regional – mini-mills which utilize Electric Arc Furnace technology-a process which averages over 96% recycled content.
- All excess raw steel is re-cycled through the Hoe foundry melt operation as pre-consumer scrap and thereby, transformed into new casting products.
- By using recycled and regionally-produced HOE castings/fabrications you incorporate sustainability into your own product or project.
WE ARE PROUD TO BE A REGIONAL SUPPLIER OF QUALITY PRODUCTS WHICH CONTAIN SIGNIFICANT RECYCLED CONTENT.